Halloween has nearly arrived and in order to celebrate SPAM have created a special type of food that is going to celebrate the occasion.
The new type of the product comes with garlic as well, which makes it the perfect product to eat at Halloween, and keep the vampires away.
Whether you are planning to just spend the time at home, or are throwing a party, the special packs of the food can be a great addition to your evening.
This is also a food that is very affordable, so if you are catering to a large number of guests, it can be the perfect food to feed them with.
Makes 8 SPAM® Spooks
1 X 340g can SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham with Garlic (lie SPAM® on its wide side and cut into 8/10 slices)
16 x slices medium cut white or 50/50 bread from a large sliced loaf
2 extra large organic eggs, well beaten
Vegetable oil for frying
Cardboard for templates
1) With the cardboard cut out templates of ghosts, skulls and coffins
2) Place a template on to a slice of bread and with kitchen scissors, cut around the template making two for each SPAM® Spook
3) Cut the slices of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham with Garlic to fit into the middle of each shape and press well together
4) Pour the oil into a large frying pan to approximately 2/3 cm deep and heat until a cube of bread quickly fries to golden
5) Dip each SPAM® Spook into the beaten egg, coating each side and carefully place into the hot oil
6) Fry for approximately 1 minute until golden, carefully turn over and repeat. Carefully take out of the hot oil and drain on absorbent paper. Repeat with the other SPAM® Spooks
7) Serve on a warm serving plate
Limited Edition SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham With Garlic is available in a 340g can in Sainsbury’s, with a RRP of £1.69.
For further information on SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham products, please follow the UK SPAM® Facebook page: www.facebook.com/OfficialSPAMUK and on Twitter: www.twitter.com/OfficialSPAMUK