CAPT, or the Child Accident Prevention Trust, is calling on all those professionals who work with children and their families to become a Safety Hero during this years Child Safety Week which runs from the 24th-30th June.
Professionals who work with children can now download, for free, resources dealing with Child Safety Week from www.childsafetyweek.org.uk/. These resources provide both fun and practical ways to use the theme of safety heroes to engage with the children, and their families, and educate them in the prevention of accidents. These resources will be including the following;
Ideas booklet: Packed with information on the accidents most likely to seriously harm children, safety reminders, activity ideas and ideas on local partners.
Poster: With the message that you don’t need to be superhuman to be a safety hero.
Quizzes and competitions: To make learning about safety fun for both adults and children.
Engaging activities for Child Safety Week 2013 include:
Safety Hero pledges: Professionals and parents can pledge to carry out just three simple but effective safety actions and receive a Safety Hero certificate.
Nominate a Safety Hero: Celebrating all the hard work and dedication that goes into keeping children safe from serious accidents.
Big Taste Test: Order a free kit so parents of small children can try the world’s most bitter substance and learn how to prevent accidental poisoning.
Katrina Phillips, Chief Executive at the Child Accident Prevention Trust, said:
“The Be a Safety Hero theme is a great way to engage with families on child accident prevention. Our message for Child Safety Week 2013 is: You don’t need to be superhuman to be a Safety Hero. It’s the small things you do that can stop children suffering serious harm. Be a Safety Hero now and download your Child Safety Week resources at www.childsafetyweek.org.uk.”
Leave a comment
Follow KidsZine on TwitterMy Tweets
Follow Us On Twitter
Most Popular Posts
- Keeping children interested in board games
- New Pocket Money Petz website from The Children’s Mutual
- Fairytale Kids Competition with Colorblind Cards
- A Tale of Foolishness in Cornwall
- Win 52 Guinness World Record Cards – 2 Packs Up For Grabs!
- Let’s Play Teddy Tennis – DVD for young aspiring tennis players
- Join Gary Barlow’s pack and design a charity Christmas card for Hallmark
- WIN 2 New Funny Children’s Books
- ‘Take Care With What You Share’ – How to Lock Down Your Facebook Profile
- The British Red Cross Recruits Commando Dad to Spread the Word about its First Aid Courses for Parents